Columbus Park Dental is an emergency dentist in NYC with a simple philosophy. We want to get you out of pain. You may be wondering if your situation is an emergency. Are you in pain? Yes? Then, you have an emergency!
If you do have a dental emergency in NYC, call us right away! We can see patients (usually same-day) for the following dental emergencies:
- Painful cavity
- Sudden heat or cold sensitivity
- Broken tooth
- Knocked-out tooth
- Infected gums
- Painful or swollen gums
- Broken or lost restoration (filling, crown, etc.)
- And more…
Anything that is causing you or your child dental pain can qualify as a dental emergency. We can’t always fix what ails you on the spot, but we can almost always get you out of pain until you’re able to access a more definitive treatment. Let’s take a look at some common dental emergencies and how to handle them.
Note: If it’s outside of business hours and you’re experiencing unbearable pain, you should visit an emergency room or urgent care.
Toothache: What to Do
If you or your child has a toothache, the first thing to do is rinse the area thoroughly with warm salt water to dislodge anything that might be stuck and causing irritation. If the toothache persists, call us. After all, there’s no medal for suffering a toothache!
To treat your toothache, procedures will vary according to the cause. We will quickly identify the problem and then begin one of the following treatments to get you out of pain:
- Filling: If your toothache is caused by a simple cavity, then a filling will fix you right up.
- Scaling: Occasionally, buildup of plaque under the gum line can cause dental pain, which we can alleviate by scaling away the buildup.
- Antibiotics: Infections are a common cause of tooth pain, and they often require further treatment such as an extraction or root canal. But first, we may need to clear the infection so it doesn’t spread.
- Root canal: If your toothache is the result of an infection inside your tooth’s root, we may need to perform a root canal. We can usually do this same-day, along with prep for the crown that will restore your tooth.
Teeth can become chipped, cracked, broken, or even lost entirely. If you chip, crack, or break a tooth, simply give us a call right away. We’ll get you in ASAP to fix it.
If a tooth is knocked out altogether, recover the tooth if you can. Once again, place it in a container of milk so you can bring it along to your appointment. Do not attempt to place the tooth back into the socket, as this can cause an infection. Call us right away, and we’ll see you ASAP.
Not all dental emergencies have to do with your teeth. You may experience gum pain, swelling, or infection. Gums can also be injured due to trauma like a fall or accidental bite. If any of these concerns is causing you disruptive pain, please reach out to us right away for emergency treatment.
Get Help for Your Dental Emergency in NYC
We didn’t cover every possible dental emergency, but please do reach out to us right away if you experience any of the above. Additionally, get in touch with us immediately if you’re experiencing any other dental problem that is causing you pain. As your emergency dentist in NYC, Columbus Park Dental is here to help you get out of pain!
Columbus Park Dental is a modern, female-founded dental practice located in the heart of NYC's historic Upper West Side.
Beautiful Smiles Begin With Us
NY, NY 10023
- Mon: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tues: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thurs: 10:00 am - 6.00 pm
- Sat: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm